|Measurement Span||15 to 3000 pf above zero|
|Operating Pressure||Suitable up to 10 bar|
|Supply||24 - 50 V DC|
|Accuracy||+/-2% of Full Scale|
|Internal Enclosure||ABS plastic|
|Operating Temeprature||0 Deg to +80 Deg (Probe) / 0 Deg to +60 Deg (Electronics)|
|Current Consumption||20mA maximum|
|Response Time||3 sec|
|Enclosure||IP-65, Cast Aluminium|
|Resolution||+/-0.5% of Total Span|
CAPVEL-LP is a capacitance based continuous level transmitter. It consist of a sensing rod and electronic insert. In case of non metallic tank or tank contains turbulant liquid there is provision to give still well tube. CAPVEL-LP is compact and easy to install measuring device and is suitable for all conductive and non conductive liquids.Operating Principle:
- CAPVEL-LP is composed of specially developed Capacitance Change Gauging circuit. It uses fast RISC based processor to perform all the complicated jobs of evaluating the Level out of the capacitance.This capacitance is formed by the sense Rod and the metallic container wall. Where containers are non-metallic or not-uniformally wide or having turbulent fluid, a metallic stilling well is provided. The amount of capacitance is proportional to the level of material between the sense rod and metallic wall of stilling tube or container.
- Internal Temeperature Compensation
- Easy two point calibration setting
- Suitable for wide range of liquids
- Low cabling cost.
CAPVEL-LP is suitable for the following sets of applications
- Water treatment plants
- Pharmaceutical & Dairy
- Fuel level sensing
- Breweries & Distilleries
- Vehicle tracking system
If the tank is partially filled, there is a provision in CAPVEL-LP of INDIRECT ASSIGNMENT of minimum and maximum level to the output current with partially filled tanks. mA by %x = 16 * x/100+4 Indirect assignment requires the output current to be measured with higher accuracy. A current meter should be inserted in the 4 ... 20 mA loop before starting calibration. Assuming a tank filled up to 15% approximately and the task is to accomplish indirect assignment of low level to 4 mA the procedure is the following. Since the current output at the level of 20% is Iout= (16 mA x 0.20) +4 mA = 7.2 mA the current output should be changed with the keys up/ Down, until the value of 7.2 appears on the current meter. This procedure should be repeated with another, higher level for indirect assignment of 20 mA to the maximum level. Obviously for the sake of greater accuracy (it is not even sure whether the assumption of 20% is correct) the direct assignment should be carried out as soon as possible.Please follow the below steps to set Partial Low Level for partially filled tanks :-
Error Indication & Remedies:
- Press DOWN key and keep it pressed, there will not be any change in LED’s state.
- Press ESC key and keep it pressed, then release both the keys.
- RIGHT LED will blink. Now CAPVEL-LP is in Indirect Programming mode.
- Set output current with UP and DOWN keys to the required values.
- Please note that the current meter should be inserted in 4 − 20mA loop.
- Press ENTER key, Right LED will blink to save the 4mA count.
- Both the LED will blink and device will exit from programming mode.
- CAPVEL-LP has some external mode of checks to identify malfunctions or incorrect operating conditions. The LED indicates the error messages as per the operating condition. Also if an error is identified CAPVEL-LP changes its analog output to 21 mA.
- Install the instrument as per given in mounting arrangement diagrams.
- Do not Mount the instrument from side of the tank (Always avoid horizontal positions).
- Mounting threads should tightened properly.
- Always choose a still well option in case of turbulance in tank.
- Ensure the proper connection settings.
- Do not remove electronics from probe unless needed or to change it.